.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

California Native Plant PR

Friday, February 10, 2006

Lupine Sighting

I can never remember when I start seeing wildflowers. I guess I'm always surprised when they pop up and think that it's much too early.

Such was the case this past week when I was getting on the 5 north from Los Feliz Blvd. As I looked down to my right, I spotted beautiful Lupine flowers growing just off to the side of the road.

Another place I find the quirky purple blossoms each year is to the left of the road, just past the Glendale Blvd from heading north on the 5 freeway. They're literally growing in a crack on the curb.

Noticing details like that gives me good ideas of where they'd flourish in my garden.

Where do you see wildflowers in the city and elsewhere around this time of year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home